Introducing the NPS 100C:
The next generation of our industry leading medium sized permanent magnet/direct drive wind turbines are now available.
At 100 kW of rated power, with a 21m, 24m or new 28-meter rotor, the NPS 100 offers best in class annual energy production (AEP), safety and reliability for on-site generation at farms, businesses, schools, hospitals and remote locations.
The turbine is a complete redesign of NPS’ distributed wind platform of which more than 800 units have successfully been deployed around the world since 2008.
Originally developed with NASA and designed for remote locations and isolated grids, the NPS 100 has an innovative gearless direct drive permanent magnet generator, best-in-class reliability, and pleasing aesthetics. The current model is optimized for performance at low wind speeds. Our turbines start making power at wind speeds as low as 3 m/sec and can provide clear economic benefits in low-medium wind regimes.
The NPS 100 has a flawless track record of surviving extreme winds, from the bitter colds of Alaska to the tropical cyclones of the Caribbean. Its advanced technology and more than 25 million hours of cumulative run time makes the NPS 100 the most reliable and proven turbine in its class.
- • Optimized for the highest annual energy production (AEP)
- The NPS 100C-28 (Class S) is specifically designed for low wind sites, <6 m/sec annual average
- The NPS 100C-24 (Class III/A) is designed for medium wind sites
- The NPS 100C-21 (Class II/A) is designed for high wind sites and can handle wind gusts up to 59.5 m/s
- Simple and low cost of ownership Our PMDD technology maximizes energy capture, outperforms conventional gearbox designs, and reduces maintenance costs
- Plug and play Our state-of-the-art full power converter design provides smooth, clean power to local grids, simplifying grid interconnect and supporting grid stability to make the NPS 100 the best choice for a variety of applications.
- Reliability and peace of mind Our robust, reliable gearless design coupled with our factory warranty, 24×7 monitoring system and local service assure continued operation, maximum performance and reduced maintenance costs.
- Arctic model Capable of operating in the harshest of cold weather conditions in temperatures as low as -40C.
The NPS 100 is being installed globally at FiT (Feed-in-Tariff) locations as well as on-site generation at farms, businesses, schools, hospitals and remote locations. Our turbines produce green energy at the point of consumption, providing a positive environmental impact on the community and pleasing aesthetics.
Brochure and Specifications
NPS 100C Turbines are available with 21m, 24m or 28-meter rotor: